Big Data EngineerPermanent
100,000 GBP Annually
Big Data Architect | Global Organization | London | £115,000 + Bonus!
Empiric are partnering with a Global Consulting Organization in London to help them look for Big Data Architect to join them in London with a background in architecting and implementing Big Data technologies with clients based in the London area.
The successful Big Data Architect will join a Global Consulting Organization who have put Big Data and Data Science at the core of what they do within Digital Transformation and they are looking for experienced Big Data Architects to join them and work with some of their most prestigious and exciting clients.
If you are a smart, experienced and creative Big Data Expert with a technical background in Java (JVM), Python, Scala, Hadoop, NoSQL and Spark. You will have a chance to work with some of the most prestigious companies within capital Markets and Banking in designing and leading the implementation of cutting edge Digital technologies in Big Data.
Your programming skills are required to lead the way with digital technologies that can transform how leading companies use data to gain insight into their customers and become more efficient.
This is an opportunity to really have a say in their technology road-map and introduce new technologies!
- You will be partnering closely with large organizations in the Capital Markets and Banking space.
- You will lead the design and implementation of Large Scale Data processing, ingestion and analytics solutions.
- You will be leading unique and experienced Big Data teams in London.
You will be building the next Generation Big Data platform, working with some of the leading minds in Data.
- This is an expansive opportunity where the team is growing rapidly and you will have the chance to move up in the company.
- Work with our clients to model their data landscape, obtain data extracts and define secure data exchange approaches
- Hands on end to end implementation of Big Data engagements.
- Experience Leading engagements with multiple stakeholders, internal and external.
- Experience responding to RFPs and RFIs.
- Development Experience with Java, Python or Scala
- Hands on experience with spark and with the Hadoop Ecosystem.
- HBase Experience.
- Agile experience with Scrum or Kanban.
- Strong experience in traditional data warehousing / ETL tools (Informatica, Talend, Pentaho, DataStage)
How to Apply
Please do not delay in applying for this unique opportunity. Alternatively if you have a friend or colleague that may be suitable please pass on my details. Successful referrals will be rewarded.
To discuss this or other exciting Data opportunities in more detail please send your CV to Seb Rodriguez
Hadoop, Cloudera, Hortonworks, MapR, NoSQL, Cassandra, Couchbase, CouchDB, Kafka, Confluent, Spark, Databricks, AWS, Redshift, Java, JVM, Scala, Agile, Scrum, Hive, Impala, HBase, Yarn, Python, ElasticSearch, Flink, Flume, Soir, Oozie, Pig, Map-Reduce, Architecture, Big Data Architecture.