Chief Digital Product OwnerPermanent
Empiric are currently working with a leading UK Utility company who are looking to appoint a Chief Digital Product Owner.
As Chief Product Owner you will exploit your digital vision at a significant time in the transition of the Retail business into a Digital world to generate incremental business value and support the identification and execution of key product initiatives growing the utilities' online experience.
- Identifying, developing and securing the relevant Capex and Revex business case approval and funding required to enable the Digital Strategy
- Ensuring that ongoing product enhancements are made and managed to coincide with the longer-term strategy and delivery of value and business KPI’s
- Maximise value opportunities through a continuous improvement program to grow engagement and maximise value add opportunities for existing 15m customer engagements per annum
- Conduct engagements with regulatory, Industry and government bodies
- Operate both the UK Digital and the Global New Products and Services delivery budgets
- Support the Digital Director with the creation of the vision and strategy for the product roadmap aligning with the objective to grow business value within a customer 1st principle
- Formulate and direct the delivery of key strategic initiatives to increase the adoption of self-service channels and reduce the operational cost to serve
- Establish and own a network of collaborative business and technology partners and agencies ranging from local start-ups to Global organisations
- Evaluate Disruptive and Technological landscapes, understanding the opportunities and threats created and translate this into a digital strategy that grows value for the company
- Degree in Technology, Digital or Computing Science, or equivalent experience at operational level, with a proven track record in delivery within the retail environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a particular emphasis on negotiations at an executive level
- Proven ability to influence executive decision makers both within company (CEO and Directors) but also externally with partners and potential partners
- Ability to manage a complex set of parallel and overlapping issues, strategic objectives and customer needs (technological, financial, business process and customer behaviour) and to synthesise into a clear strategic vision for Digital Engagement.
- Have strong business acumen to shape and inform strategic plans based on value
- Ability to work across business boundaries across a company
- External awareness of the global utilities and other industry to identify opportunities for the group
- Ability to direct work and deliver results whilst managing multiple executive stakeholders and competing demands within a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to stay calm under pressure and take risk balanced decisions continually driving innovation
- High degree of numeracy skills, including some statistical knowledge
- Good working knowledge of existing IT, CRM, Telephony and Digital applications A clear understanding of the financial impacts of Digital engagement.
- Extensive experience of digital, with specific focus on Digital Product and delivery in a large corporate environment.
- Change leader who can drive digital agile working transformation
- Appreciation of complexities inherent in a deregulated market and knowledge across UK utilities
- Sound organisational and time management skills
- Strategic thinker and ROI delivery focused
- Ability to prioritise and use initiative at appropriate level
- Excellent motivational and Leadership skills
- Specialist knowledge in Digital/Web and Customer Services business areas
- Understanding of commercial impact and opportunities of online/self-serve customer service, marketing and sales
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skillset
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills
- Well-developed negotiation/influencing skills
- Awareness of Regulatory environment