60,000 GBP Annually
Data Engineer / GCP / AWS / Open-source / Python / TensorFlow / Keras / Pytorch Location: Cambridge Salary: £40k-£60k We are now seeking a Data Engineer to work with our Data Scientist in automating and expanding data pipelines, and preparing, transforming and generating insight from the data we have access to. You’ll join a small and enthusiastic team who are passionate about data science, continuous improvement and software quality. This well-funded not-for-profit is a unique collaboration between the funders and practitioners of research to improve the way important research is selected, presented, and shared. They publish outstanding work across life sciences and biomedicine and are generously supported by its Founders, HHMI, Max Planck Institute and The Wellcome Trust, who have recently announced the renewal of their funding for a second five-year term until 2022. Since 2012 they have developed an open-source publishing platform and have published over 3000 first-rate research articles. What will you be doing as a Data Engineer / GCP / AWS / Open-source / Python / TensorFlow / Keras / Pytorch:
- Semantic extraction from PDF and Word documents using ScienceBeam
- Recommendations of editors and reviewers using PeerScout
- Data-driven user experiences for automated form completion for xPub
- Integration with third-party services for improved metrics
- New, experimental machine learning and artificial intelligence projects
- Knowledge or experience using Google Cloud (along with Jupyter notebooks and Google Data Studio)
- Preparing data for Machine Learning and optimising data flows between existing systems
- Production systems currently use Python, PHP and Node.js
- Data Science apps are all in Python, using TensorFlow, Apache Beam, Keras, PyTorch
- Google Cloud Platform, Google Cloud Storage
- Publishing platform runs on AWS
- A competitive salary and benefits.
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays.
- A communicative and inspiring working environment.
- A newly refurbished and employee designed modern office near the centre of Cambridge, with cycle parking, shower facilities, standing desks, informal working or relaxation areas, free fresh fruit, a fancy coffee machine and snacks in the kitchen.
- A sociable and friendly team with interesting social events.
- The latest in computer equipment, Herman Miller chairs and regular conference visits.
- A flexible approach to working hours and remote working.
- Company pension scheme.
Keywords: Data Engineer / GCP / AWS / Open-source / Python / TensorFlow / Keras / Pytorch